This item is on pre-order and is expected to ship October 1.
Now that the ACK-IVES are printed twice a year with the best of FM's archival material, we're dedicating the yearly annual issues to exclusively new content!
Famous Monsters #291 includes...
- A look back at CURSE OF THE DEMON and other demon archetypes in cinema
- a celebration of Gaston Leroux's THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, first published 110 years ago
- 200 years of John William Polidori's THE VAMPYRE
- an epic Stan Lee memorial tribute
- an entire section called MUSICAL MONSTERS wherein we talk to FM-inspired musicians and how monsters influence their creativity
- anniversary celebrations of ALIEN, PHANTASM, THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT, THE VALLEY OF GWANGI, ED WOOD, DRAG ME TO HELL, and more
- a study of Stephen King's domination of the movie world with PET SEMATARY and IT CHAPTER 2
- a peek into the wide world of horror podcasts
and, of course, more!
With “Curse of the Demon” cover art by Sanjulian.